askOHS was established in 2012 and is based in Adelaide, South Australia. Our goal is to provide your business with easy access to a team of experienced health safety advisors and health safety trainers to help you keep your workers and business safe.
In these harsh economic times we can provide your business with quality Work Health and Safety training and Consultancy Services at very competitive rates. Check out our website for more information or call 0449 921 919 to speak to one of our consultants.
askOHS has been approved by SafeWorkSA
to deliver Level 1-Health and Safety Representative Training.
askOHS can deliver health and safety representative training on-site or at one of our training venues in Adelaide, Berri, Mount Gambier, Port Augusta and Port Lincoln.
Contact us on mobile: 0449 921 919 or Contact us
to make a booking or to talk to one of our consultants about your health and safety representative training needs.
askOHS about designing and delivering a customised training course for your employees
Health and Safety Representative Training Course (2017)
askOHS is approved by Safe Work SA to deliver health and safety representative training, Levels 1, 2 and 3. We deliver training in major regional centers (Riverland, Port Augusta and Mount Gambier) . We can also deliver this training on-site for a minimum 8 and a max. 20 participants.
- Health & Safety Representative Training – Level 1 (5 days) Cost – $800.00 pp
- Health & Safety Representative Training – Level 2 (3 days) Cost – $500.00 pp
- Health & Safety Representative Training – Level 3 (2 days) Cost – $400.00 pp
- One-day Work Health Safety Refresher – Cost $264.00 pp
SafeWork SA training subsidy for eligible businesses:
- Your business may be eligible to receive a training subsidy from SafeWork SA (max.$100 a day) for each health & safety representative enrolled in one of our Level 1, 2 or 3 courses. Please contact us for more information about the SafeWork SA training subsidy at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0449921919.
Course costs include:
- A set of bound course notes, a copy of the SA Work Health and Safety Act, Approved Codes of Practice
- Certificate of attendance
- Morning afternoon tea/coffee and lunch.
Level 1 – Health and Safety Representative Training (5-days)
- September 18-22 (Glenelg Golf Club)
- December 4-8
Level 2 – Health and Safety Representative Training (3-days: Adelaide)
- October 9-13
Level 3 – Health and Safety Representative Training ( 2-days: Adelaide)
- September 3-4
One-Day Work Health Safety Refresher:
- October 3
Regional Health & Safety Representative Training (Level 1)
Course Name: Health & Safety Representative Training – Level 1 (introductory 5-day course)
Date : October 9-13
Venue: Berri Hotel
Health & Safety representative Training – Level 2
Course Name: Health and safety representative – Level 2 (3 – days )
Date: November 6-8
Venue: Berri Hotel
One-day work health safety refresher:
Course Name: One-day – Work Health Safety Refresher
Date: October 3
Venue: Berri Hotel
Half-day WHS Training, complete a contact form and or call 0449 921 919 to organise a course for your business:
- Officers & Due Dilligence – WHS Legislation & Officers, Due diligence a practical case study, Strategies for Officers to assist compliance with due-diligence duty.
- WHS For Managers and Supervisors-WHS legislation, duties of managers and supervisors, Hazard & risk management
- Health and safety committees – WHS legislation, Functions of committee, Resolution of health and safety issues.
- Incident investigation & notification– Notifiable Incidents, Causes of workplace incidents, Conduct an incident investigation, Develop control measures to stop incident re-occurring.
- Workplace Inspections – Identify workplace hazards, assess risks and develop an action plan to control risks from workplace
- Manual handling (M. H.) – Conduct a manual handling risk assessment and develop strategies to control risk.
- Workplace Chemicals – Chemicals and the human body, Chemical risk assessment and controls.
- Asbestos– Identify asbestos in the workplace and develop an asbestos risk control plan.
- Plant Safety– Plant hazards and risks, conduct a plant inspection to identify hazards/risks, Develop an action plan to control plant hazards/risks.
- Heat Stress– Hot workplaces and risks to health, WHS legislation and hot workplaces, conduct a heat stress risk assessment and identify risk control measures
- Slips Trips and Falls– Causes of slips, trips and falls, conduct a risk assessment for slips, trips and falls in a workplace, Identify control measures for risk of slips trips and falls in workplaces.
- Workplace fatigue– Define workplace fatigue , Health and safety risks relating to workplace fatigue, risk assessment and workplace fatigue, risk controls for workplace fatigue.
- Workplace bullying– Define workplace bullying, risk assessment and workplace bullying, Policy for workplace bullying.
- Workplace Violence – Define workplace violence, assess risks and determine control measures re. workplace violence